There are two important aspects to this definition. First, wellness is not a passive or static state but rather an “active pursuit” that is associated with intentions, choices and actions as we work toward an optimal state of health and wellbeing. Second, wellness is linked to holistic health—that is, it extends beyond physical health and incorporates many different dimensions that should work in harmony:
- Physical: Nourishing a healthy body through mindful movement, exercise, nutrition, sleep, etc.
- Mental: Engaging the world through learning, problem-solving, creativity, etc.
- Emotional: Being aware of, accepting and expressing our feelings, and understanding the feelings of others.
- Spiritual: Searching for meaning and higher purpose in human existence.
- Social: Connecting and engaging with others and our communities in meaningful ways.
With wellness as one of our core values, we take it very seriously. It’s important to us that the guidance you receive comes from professional, vetted, subject matter experts. With that in mind, we put together a team of experts in their perspective areas committed to helping you achieve wellness physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Meet our team of Wellness Experts: